Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy Birthday... To Me!

So I celebrated my birthday just recently, Friday July 8th.  Thank GOD that I have been blessed with another day.  Words cannot express how lovely it was to get birthday wishes.  The older I get it is the little things that mean the most.  Funny.  When I was younger, much younger I wanted to celebrate in grand style.  It never happened for me, but still always wished for something exciting and extravagant.  Now that I am forty one none of that kind of stuff matters.  I am thankful to have my health.  Last year on my birthday I was in the hospital having my second sinus surgery in the last three years.  I'm absolutely thankful to have my voice... that is a long story.   And thankful for a second chance at living out the purpose GOD has planned for me.  In addition I have an amazing daughter who turns twenty two today and wonderful friends who love and care for me for me.  Not for the person that I was or the person that I may become, but for the person I AM.  That is important.  In the past I always considered myself an odd bird.  Never quite fitting in anywhere.  On the periphery and never in the "in crowd".  These days I own who I am, faults and all, good and bad.  My life has been, lets say, challenging.  But I have always believed that GOD has a better plan for me, despite the hardships I have faced.  And on my birthday I thank my Lord and Savior for loving me, protecting me and always blessing me.  Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment